More Fancy Pullets

Bridgemoof

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 11, 2011
As I mentioned in my other thread "I swear it's a pheasant" I got these hens for free on Craigslist. They aren't your run of the mill laying hens. I might also add they came from horrible conditions, and while the environment in these pics doesn't look so great either, it's because I have had them quarantined from my other chickens since we got them. They were dehydrated, thin, starving and we've had them on medicated feed. They look 100% better in a week's time.

We've already identified the Black Breasted Red Old English Game Hens or Modern Game hens. So take a peek at these and see what you think:

This one looks like an Austrolorp, but look at the feathered legs!

There are several of these beauties, with an almost lavender coloring to them.

While there were a bunch of Longhorns, this one was different. She is very "fluffy" and has feathering on her legs.

As I mentioned in my other thread "I swear it's a pheasant" I got these hens for free on Craigslist. They aren't your run of the mill laying hens. I might also add they came from horrible conditions, and while the environment in these pics doesn't look so great either, it's because I have had them quarantined from my other chickens since we got them. They were dehydrated, thin, starving and we've had them on medicated feed. They look 100% better in a week's time.

We've already identified the Black Breasted Red Old English Game Hens or Modern Game hens. So take a peek at these and see what you think:

This one looks like an Austrolorp, but look at the feathered legs! Sultan

There are several of these beauties, with an almost lavender coloring to them. Blue laced red wyandotte, hatchery quality

Does it have feathered legs? Looks like a EE (Face wise) but if it has feathered legs its a brahma, but if it doesn't I'd say wyandotte

Hmm.... Wyandotte, with an odd coloring?

Blue Laced red wyandotte, hatchery quality

While there were a bunch of Longhorns, this one was different. She is very "fluffy" and has feathering on her legs. Hmmm... Barnyard mix? This one has me stumpted..

That white one looks like a cochin along with the black one

The one is the first pic looks to be a black langshan! Anyway, it's beautiful! The second, third and fifth pictures have me stumped.. maybe they're mixes? The one in the fourth pic looks like a wyadotte. The little white one is so cute! No idea what she might be, though, The last one... it looks like a wyandotte but, I can't tell very well from the pic. Very nice girls you have! Good luck with them!!!

The first one is definitely NOT a Sultan. Sultan have crests like Polish do, it looks more to me like a Langshan. The rest I agree with.

Last edited:

black marans or black langshan leaning more toward langshan

blue laced red wyandotte roo in front
ee roo

what type of comb? maybe a sliver penciled rock

another blw roo

white langshan.

the black with a little white is a dark brahma roo

Last edited:

Either black maran, or langshan

Blue laced red wyandotte

Roo EE

Dark brahma (without foot feathers) or penciled rock?

Blue laced red wyandotte

mix?
While there were a bunch of Longhorns, this one was different. She is very "fluffy" and has feathering on her legs.

clap.gif
So exciting! Except for the part about their being ROOs. Too bad. Thanks everyone!!!!

langshan
black marans or black langshan leaning more toward langshan
agree
blue laced red wyandotte roo in front
ee roo agree

what type of comb? maybe a sliver penciled rock it has a single comb so this is a rock

another blrw roo agree

agree
white langshan.

the black with a little white is a dark brahma roo what type of comb?

Black Langshan pullet

Blue Laced Red Wyandotte cockerel

Easter Egger cockerel

Silver Penciled pullet

Blue Laced Red Wyandotte cockerel

Looks like a mix to me, maybe White Leghorn x Cochin

Easter Eggers and Dark Brahma mix cockerels

Back
Top Bottom