More goats and sheep, more goats and sheep...

griffin45

Songster
11 Years
Oct 15, 2008
South Central Virgina
celebrate.gif
I am excited! Just made a deal for some 4 horn Jacob sheep and some pure Boers. The Boers were born on Christmas day and will not be ready for another month, but I get 3 more Jacobs and that puts me at 5! That is almost flock status. 2 or 3 more Boers puts me well into flock status with the goats. I almost got off my blood pressure medicine since I got goats and chickens. Addiction or not it still good for your health!
wee.gif

Quote:
I agree! The chickens are my therapy. I would love to have goats and sheep,too......but I'm scared. Whenever I mention goats people tell me they are a lot of trouble: (
Congrats on your new babies!

I loved my goats. Had to sell them when I moved. The new owners that bought the house took all my animals. I was real lucky on that deal. You have to be one step ahead of goats. They are always thinking. A real joy to have.

The only problem I have with my goats is that the people who moved right next to us are scared of them. The buck is a kiko cross and the does are nubian/boer cross. They are all quite large and my neighbor is "not countrified yet" and seems to think that they will jump the fence and run him down to attack him. He says he doesn't mind them as long as they keep their distance!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom