More hatching!

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by Dogfish, May 30, 2011.

1. Dogfish

Dogfish Rube Goldberg incarnate

Mar 17, 2010
    Western Washington
    Started hatching last night at 9pm, right on schedule. Some are a little slow in hatching though. 12 out, 8 actively pipping and another 17 just waiting on. 54% so far in the Little Giant, which is all I have. We'll see if we get some more late bloomers. Last night there were only 8 pips, so we'll see.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dogfish

Mar 17, 2010
    Western Washington
    22 out, 5 more in the process of zipping. 73% so far.

3. HS Farms

HS Farms Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2011
    Texas
    Congradulations

4. Dogfish

Mar 17, 2010
    Western Washington
    27 out, 1 died. The rest are very active.

5. Dogfish

Mar 17, 2010
    Western Washington
    2 more surprises when I came home today!

6. Rusted One

Rusted One Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2011
    Howdy,
    Enjoyed the pics. Maybe I need to come up with some of that plastic egg tray material your eggs are sitting on. I found with chicken eggs that just laying them on the screen turns into roller derby which doesn't seem too great for those trying to pip. I've read that using paper mache egg cartons to hold the hatching eggs works ... but I'm concerned about air flow. How about just killing the motor on the egg turner when the eggs are nearly on their sides (and adjust temp since the turner motor heat won't be there then...) ?
    Your great hatch rates sure make your methods worthy of following. Oh, and I'm all set for UPS to bring my 18 eggs today!

Ed

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by