More hedgie pictures!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by StarLover21, Jan 4, 2012.

1. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    Here's some more picctures of my sweet boy, Merlin, once he has woken up. It's only his first day home, and he's super freindly, loves to play, and doesn't seem to miss his mama. He loves to be held [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh, that's an adoreable little hedgehog! What a sweet face....Does it feel super prickly when you pick him up?

3. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Super cute! I hope he is everything you want!!!

4. Mama duck 8

Mama duck 8 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    He is SOOOOOOOO cute! [​IMG]

5. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    He is so cute. Are they a lot if work?

6. StarLover21

Oct 11, 2011
    Quote:Depends on his mood [​IMG] . If he is awake and wants to play, all you have to do is scoop your hands under him and lift him up. He'll lay down his quills, and he feels really soft.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  7. StarLover21

Oct 11, 2011
    Quote:Not at all! Once a week you have to clean out their cages. You can use fleece liners (I will be), and just wash them once a week. They can also be litterbox trained. You have to have a heating pad under their cage, so they are kept at 72-80 degrees (otherwize they will hibernate and die). They sleep most of the day, and wake up around 5:00 (once they are adults). You can just feed them hedgie food, and they very freindly. Once a week you have to give them a bath in the sink (who would mind!)

They're totally worth it!!!

8. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Quote:Not at all! Once a week you have to clean out their cages. You can use fleece liners (I will be), and just wash them once a week. They can also be litterbox trained. You have to have a heating pad under their cage, so they are kept at 72-80 degrees (otherwize they will hibernate and die). They sleep most of the day, and wake up around 5:00 (once they are adults). You can just feed them hedgie food, and they very freindly. Once a week you have to give them a bath in the sink (who would mind!)

They sound awesome. Why do you have to bath them? It would be kinda fun to bath them. And do they mind?

9. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Adorable [​IMG]

10. StarLover21

Oct 11, 2011

They sound awesome. Why do you have to bath them? It would be kinda fun to bath them. And do they mind?

nope, most hedgies love the water. You have to bath them because they get dry skin (you also have to oil them when your done)

There's a hedgie on my lap right now [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by