More Orpingtons - 100% hatch!!

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
This was in the bator this morning. They must have started hatching last night as I didn't check the bator again yesterday after 3pm.

9 bbs and 2 red's babies.

lastorps.jpg

Mosby is a potently fertile boy.
big_smile.png

Congrats on the new babies! It was funny when I took a quick glance at the pic, I said to myself "those aren't chickens!" LOL Nice keets too!
smile.png

Jody

The keets hatched last week. I figured the keets would teach them to eat and drink the next couple days before I move them all out.

I never get tired of hatching but I do get tired of brooding. LOL

I know what you mean. I am so relieved to finally have all of my brooders empty. Now my nurseries..that's another story. lol

I just noticed the red one (and the buff one). That red one looks like papa, huh? I can't wait to see it grow.
woot.gif

Jody

Well, Jody, I have a question I need to ask Tim. LOL

All of the chicks that hatch that look like Red did as a chick are cockerals. I am wondering if I am seeing a sex link trait?

I'll be photographing some of his other chicks so you all can see the mix of colors.

The girls I hatched from your eggs are 18+ weeks old.

I just moved them all into Red's pen. He has a harem and I am waiting for eggs.

Great job. I'm waiting now for the post office to deliver some eggs so I can get my 'bater going. How my luck is as good as yours.

Wow, MisPrissy!
ep.gif
That's great!
big_smile.png

Those are such adorable little fuzzies!!!
love.gif
Sooo cute!
100% Hatch?! Awesome!
clap.gif

Congrats on your cute little fuzzies and good luck! I'm awaiting for my first egg to start piping(it's day 20 for me)
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom