MORE PICS ON PG 5 -- BABY SEBASTOPOL

I tried to keep myself busy today...so I decided to shave my dog...here are her before pics......

my clippers quit on me so i'll post pics later when I either borrow some or get new blades..

PS: she's a goldendoodle (to be bred by an apricot poodle in spring...creating second generation goldendoodles)

23180_img_6451.jpg

23180_img_6450.jpg

23180_img_6447.jpg

Last edited:
I just finished candling and didn't see any pips....I wasn't seeing movement much so just in case I actually picked them up and candled ....I normally just put the light to th eegg...but this time I picked them up and candled from the side that is normally up so I could see on the back side...

I saw movement like they were trying to get thru the air cell membrane...but I am not sure they were actually thru yet...there was no sound, just movement...and it wasn't a defined outline....just a gray shadowy movement...so I am thinking that they aren't pipped yet but are about to...am I right?

I drew some pics of what I normally see and how I candled afterwards and what I saw on the back shallower side of the air cell.

WHAT I SAW at first WITHOUT PICKING UP EGG:

23180_what_i_saw_384_x_288.jpg

WHAT I SAW AFTER PICKING UP EGG AND CANDLING FROM OTHER SIDE (NORMALLY DOWN SIDE):

23180_what_i_saw_on_other_side_384_x_288.jpg

**scream**

I can't believe it.....one is pipped internally....I went to candle and I didn't hear any peeping...I didn't see any eggs rocking....so I figured "nope I guess not tonight"....I candled and I thought I saw something new in teh air cell...actually more faded than the stretching I had been seeing...it wasn't very defined so I wasn't sure it was pipped....I put it up to my ear and VOILA...I heard very faint tapping....

so they aren't "talking" or "rocking" but I did hear one tap so that means it has got to be in the air cell...now for the other one...its still moving around but no pip yet.....I'll keep y'all updated.

thank you....I am on pins and needles now....i thought it was suupposed to rock the egg and you hear vocals from them etc...but none of that...maybe it just pipped...the last time I checked was in the afternoon so maybe because it just did it that it hasn't made sound

quick question: How do you all hear them make sound over the fan blowing?

I was wondering after the internal pip how long does it normally take to pip externally? One egg had internal pip yesterday evening and this morning nothing yet .....

What worries me a bit more is that its day 30 and the second egg hasn't even internally pipped yet....It is alive though because i can see movement while canlding (while I add water)

Help...everyone else seems to have their internals by days 28-29 and externals by today(day 30)

I literally SCREAMED....with excitement...I peeking thru the window and saw a crack !!!! Oh my I am sooooo excited...I don't even know what to do!!! I know....I need to stay away...just like I did this mroning...I was ignoring it and browsing th eweb and then while I ate, right before I was going to go outside adn work on my coop...I just checked one more time....didn't open it...just peeked thru the window....

I am so excited because after going thru teh last time and losing all 4 of my eggs...I've never made it this far and I know the success rate is low...so it matters so much..every step I get to.....I am afraid to open and check on the other one...I'll leave it alone and when the humidity goes down enough where I have to open to add water...I'll quickly check on it...hopefully it hatches too...as of this morning it was alive..but no pip internally yet.....

celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
I think the 2nd egg might have died trying to get into the air cell...I am really upset...but I am hoping I am wrong..>I candled and there was no movement...and the veins I used to be able to see weren't there anymore...so I think he/she died... The other egg is still chirping and moving but no progress on the pipping....its still the original pip and a bit more...but thats it...I want to definitely get this one.. how long should it take to fully zip from first pip? It pipped today at around noon or 1 or so.

carine

Back
Top Bottom