MORE PICS ON PG 5 -- BABY SEBASTOPOL

carinlynchin

Songster
10 Years
Feb 18, 2009
I am copying Austin on his thread...except I am doing it late....didn't want to steal his spot light
wink.png

2 sebastopol eggs

Day 22 -- candled & misted -- 2 viable
yippiechickie.gif

Day 23 -- candled & misted -- 2 viable
yippiechickie.gif

Day 24 -- candled & misted -- 2 viable
yippiechickie.gif

Day 25 -- candled & misted -- 2 viable
yippiechickie.gif

Day 26 -- candled & misted -- 2 viable
yippiechickie.gif

Day 27 -- candled & misted -- 2 viable
yippiechickie.gif

Day 28 -- candled & misted -- 2 viable
yippiechickie.gif

Day 29 -- candled & misted -- 2 viable
yippiechickie.gif
UPDATE: 1 pipped internally (more info on last post)
Day 30 -- NOW external pip on the same egg....nothing yet as of 8am on the other egg...
-- pm: the other egg is no longer alive...it was pointing in the wrong direction...opposite the air cell..pointing on shallow end of air cell.
sad.png

Day 31 -- One egg left...from about 7 am it started zipping fast...its already half way there...

I helped just to zip the rest of the way around because she was no longer turning..got to a spot where there was no leverage to help her turn...put her back in the incubator and she hatched out on her own after that....

Last edited:
I don' thave any sebs yet....I just bought some off of some people....I know they are white because these people only have whites..but I think at least one of the people have a couple smooth breasted geese so I am hoping I get curly....as curly as they can get
smile.png

We'll see.

they are seb eggs adn I am not sure exactly whether they will be curly or not...but definitely white sebs

Last edited:
Oh my goodness I've never made it this far....I am getting very paranoid!!!

Ok....so tomorrow is day 25....Do I go ahead and turn for day 25 and then stop......or just tonight's the last night turning (day 24)?

eeeeeeeekk........(biting nails)

I've got to keep myself busy these last four to six days .......

when do I increase humidity...after external pip right?

trn tomorrow then dont turn day 26, boost the humidity when u stop turning, and mist daily untill u ge the irst pip then dont open the bator unless your humidity is low then in that case i would open it and fill the water and mist the eggs quickly

So is tomorrow supposed to be the pipping day (for most)? I know it can vary but I'd like to see what you all have experienced...for sebastopols.

Back
Top Bottom