More pictures

UnbakedPegga

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 4, 2014
I can’t find my previous post about my year old Orpington hen that for the last 2-3 months has had this swollen bald area below her vent. She eats well, she is active and last laid an egg 3 days ago. She is having a soft molt and no one else was laying but her. Tonight I went to the coop to give them the last lice and mite treatment and with my he flashlight I looked at this area closer. It is soft and non tender and about the size of 1/2 a navel orange. And there were no open or draining areas. 135729D1-FA75-444D-97D8-3C93F76A2AE8.jpeg 04ACF45C-B6BC-4DA3-BFAC-90AFE036B2A4.jpeg 02694E2D-571A-490A-BEF7-DD3334C25AEA.jpeg There were a few poop covered feathers which I cleaned off as best I could with Oxine and a paper towel. It’s a mess. That area is definitely more reddened than her skin. I felt her body and if the keel bone is in between the legs I could feel it. Not in the front and could not feel any other abnormal places. So I am going to post a couple of these and if anybody knows what this could be I would appreciate any information. I am so worried about her

Hmmm... if you can’t feel the keel bone in the front/breast, maybe she is overweight after all? That skin does look quite pink, but unfortunately, I don’t know what it means. It does seem like an isolated bulge... still guessing fatty deposit?

Back
Top Bottom