more Seramas

Quote:
Meeeee toooo! I want that color tooo! Love the blue seramas

I candled the eggs in the incubator tonight (from his parents and the parents of the pullets) and it looks like at least 9 of the 11 are growing well!

Any advice on the feed questions I posted? Please?

I always started mine out on purina starter it's very fine andthey have never had any problems with it but I've never tried the gamebird starter though so not much help

Quote:
Thank you so much! I know that hatching shipped Serama eggs is pretty risky. If I could find an exceptional hen(s) or a few pullets within driving distance, I'd snap them up!

Quote:
Isn't the Purina starter only 18% protein? I'm glad to know it's OK for them. I've tried to keep my babies at least at 24% protein so far...hmm, the game bird starter is 28% and is unmedicated. My Penedesenca babies (so far) are BOUNCING off of the walls and are doing great on it
smile.png
I'm so thrilled to be getting such great input. Thank you so much!

You can drive up here! lol Getting ready to go through another batch of birds.

I mash up chick crumbles or sometimes make a mash with added water. You have to keep the mash fresh though!

LOL, I think my husband would FLIP if he had to bird sit while I made a long distance road trip to buy MORE birds....flip I tell ya! I'd bring the kids with me, but I think I'd be better off bring the birds and leave the kids at home...hmmmm
wink.png

Bring the kids! I have a trampoline, dogs, cats, chickens, some goats and horses on the farm to mess with and 2 kids here!

We could have a pizza party!
smile.png

You just have to make some of those long term homemade PVC feeders so you can put a whole bag in them! lol

You mentioned feeding them 28% protien - that's ok? I'm just wondering because I'm thinking about trying something different as far as food goes for my babies
smile.png
Right now I feed the purina starter unmedicated, but have had no luck growing out any seramas
sad.png
Maybe the extra protein would help?

I know lots of people that give gamebird feed with no problems.
Cant tell you from experience though.....
Mine are mostly pastured in roomy tractors, so I dont worry about adding protein in my program.
Would be interested to see what you found if you made the change!

Back
Top Bottom