Moscovy male and Mallard male get on well ?

TheEasternFlock

Chirping
Mar 22, 2020
Here is a thing. I have got three Moscovy duckling one of them turned out to be a mallard not a problem! However listening to my other half we went and got 3 new 2 weeks old mallard baby’s to the flock.... ok
So now we got 6 lovely duckling firs group 2 Muscovy one male one fm and one mallard female.... second group 2 mallard female 1 mallard male! Group got integrated eating well sleeping togethe... however when they let out on the pond ( it’s large we swim in it) in the morning hell unleashed the Moscovy male chasing away and pecking the mallard male and separate in two different group.... it’s like they hate each other... will it’s get better? Will they except each other? Thank you for advise in advance.

Very hard to interpret your text, but from what I'm getting, you have two males that are attacking each other?

You can either rehome one of the drakes, buy more females which may or may not work, or separate them.

Very hard to interpret your text, but from what I'm getting, you have two males that are attacking each other?

You can either rehome one of the drakes, buy more females which may or may not work, or separate them.
Sorry , yes and thank you for your reply. My keyboard plying up. Do you have instagram?

2-3 weeks old on a pond it’s amazing they haven’t been picked off by a predator and your Muscovy drake is how old? He could easily drown tiny Mallards. Best to keep the youngest separated from the original group for a while to give groups time to mature. My Muscovy drake hasn’t a problem at all with my Runner drakes but he sure wouldn’t make life pleasant for another Muscovy drake. But to be fighting with a duckling something isn’t right. Keep the youngest in a see no touch pen and give them time to grow up some and for the older group to get to know them better.

Back
Top Bottom