Mosquito Dunks

I was thinking about putting half a dunk in the pool water they swim in to kill any potential mosquito larvae hatching

I use them everywhere. Horses, dogs, cats, ducks, wild animals drink with them in there and ive never had a problem. How big of a pool? If it's a kiddy pool I would go with 1/4.anything bigger, 1/2 to a full

I use them everywhere. Horses, dogs, cats, ducks, wild animals drink with them in there and ive never had a problem. How big of a pool? If it's a kiddy pool I would go with 1/4.anything bigger, 1/2 to a full

It is not the smallest baby pool but the next size, I put 1/4 dunk in there last night to "brew"..while the duckies slept.

I absolutely cannot stand these flies and mosquitoes! It is a constant battle and knowing they are vectors for many illnesses has me searching for any and all solutions..I even went to store and bought herbs to circle around the pen...aggghh!

Last edited:
You could also go to a feed store or horse tack place. They have tape, or trap n toss. Not the prettiest things, but the bugs are so bad this year since we didn't really have a winter

I've been wondering about these too. My 5 ducks in the smallest kiddie pool muck up the water immediately, so I've been changing it almost every day. I'm wondering if I need to use these though when the weather isn't so hot and I leave the water for 2 days. I don't know the breeding cycle length of mosquitoes, so I need to check that out.

My thought is this: I empty the pool usually at night every 3 days so I do not want to risk any larvae hatching, even when dumped it goes on the grass..I am building an arsenal against flies and mosquitoes. I have read so many articles on using BTI ( ingredient in the dunks)

I am going to put the dunks in their pool..in a small dose. I am also making a "brew" I will spray everywhere ( yard, plants, under their cage where moisture is constant). Mixing in spray bottle: peppermint leaves, eucalyptus oil, water, garlic paste, one BTI Dunk, and some Dr Bonners Magic soap. Anything else?

Back
Top Bottom