Sneezing and laying down a lot

Snyders_Ducks

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2024
Two of my ducklings keep sneezing and one of them keeps laying down. I added Hydro-Hen into their water to see if it'll help, I also noticed they keep sneezing even though thier water is deep about for them to dunk thier heads, I don't know of its the pine shavings I use or if the water isn't deep enough.

Do you mean sneezing while drinking water?

How are they acting today? also are you giving them any form of niacin? Sometimes when they keep laying down it can mean they could be starting to have a niacin deficiency.
Tell us what feed you are using and if you are supplementing with niacin. What type of waterer are you using?

Do you mean sneezing while drinking water?

How are they acting today? also are you giving them any form of niacin? Sometimes when they keep laying down it can mean they could be starting to have a niacin deficiency.
Tell us what feed you are using and if you are supplementing with niacin. What type of waterer are you using?
I'm using Dumor Balanced poultry nutrition feed we got at tractor supplie, the sneezing has thankfully died down a bit. We use a watter we got from tractor supply and is deep enough for them to dunk thier beaks in, as they sneeze in the water to I believe to clean out thier noises.

I'm using Dumor Balanced poultry nutrition feed we got at tractor supplie, the sneezing has thankfully died down a bit. We use a watter we got from tractor supply and is deep enough for them to dunk thier beaks in, as they sneeze in the water to I believe to clean out thier noises.
They also seem to be doing better today, thier more active and I just think they were being tired and lazy becuase thier babies. I'm new to duck keeping and thier my first ducklings and I want to make sure thier healthy and doing good

I would still supplement with niacin, nutritional yeast is a good way to give it 1 tab to each cup of feed. What breeds do you have? Large breeds like Pekin require more niacin and we’ve found can benefit from having it all their lives to help support their legs.

I would still supplement with niacin, nutritional yeast is a good way to give it 1 tab to each cup of feed. What breeds do you have? Large breeds like Pekin require more niacin and we’ve found can benefit from having it all their lives to help support their legs.
I have black swedish ducks

Back
Top Bottom