Mosquitoes suck, literally and figuratively!

Henicillin

Pill Counting Pullet
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
East Nassau, NY
I hate winter, but right now I'd almost welcome a good, hard killing frost to do in the mosquitoes that have hatched since we were deluged by rain a few weeks ago. I'm usually not bothered by them (I don't react to the bites for more than a few minutes for some reason), but it's getting pretty old to go out to feed the chooks or what have you and have the bloodsucking hordes descend almost instantly like raiders on an unprotected village. Miserable little creeps.
somad.gif

I'm with you, I swear mozzies were sent to earth to punish us.
Bulbinella helps relieve the itch from the bites, if you get it where you are. Break of a leaf and smear the sap on the bite. Penny royal is a good, natural repellent.

And here, mosquitoes are almost a fable.
lol.png

I do remember Utah though. Ugh. We had trucks drive by at dawn all the time that sprayed the towns. Did no good, honestly - Just made the mosquitoes mad. It also was creepy and gross too because during the time they'd spray, you had to stay inside and close the windows. It was like your HOME was a crop being dusted.

Quote:
So, if you look at her really closely can you see her FAA registration number painted on the tail? That thing is a beast!

Quote:
So, if you look at her really closely can you see her FAA registration number painted on the tail? That thing is a beast!

yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif

Someone on our Louisiana thread said that this baby is an Asian Tiger Mosquito. These monsters actually have tiger stripes. I am deadly afraid of them when I go outside.
hide.gif
They sting HARD!
hit.gif

This is a pic of one from online.
6612_800px-aedes_albopictus.jpg

Quote:

yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif

Someone on our Louisiana thread said that this baby is an Asian Tiger Mosquito. These monsters actually have tiger stripes. I am deadly afraid of them when I go outside.
hide.gif
They sting HARD!
hit.gif

This is a pic of one from online.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/6612_800px-aedes_albopictus.jpg

hide.gif

Die skeeters die! I've heard that they are attracted to banana eaters, and repelled by garlic eaters. Haven't experimented, though.
tongue.png

chocolate m'scovy :

Die skeeters die! I've heard that they are attracted to banana eaters, and repelled by garlic eaters. Haven't experimented, though.
tongue.png

Kuntrygirl....you have intimidating bugs down there.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom