Mosquitoes

🐕🦃🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥
Thank yall for your responses! ☺
I'm in Texas, I live across the road from a lake, and there are some "low lands/kinda swampy areas" within 1-2 miles around my house; + our humidity the past few years has been about double what it was when I was growing up 😩.
TPTB decided in their wisdom 🙄🙄 to release millions of gmo mosquitoes in Texas, (and Florida.) Since then, it has become almost unbearable - I use bug spray on me, so I can tolerate them, but, of course, unacceptable for my critters.
I try my best to insure there is no standing water, etc.
I've continued to research, and I'll share something I found in case anyone else might need the info and want to try it:
Apparently mosquitoes eat fruit nectar! 😲 I had no idea! And boric acid KILLS them!
So, I mixed boric acid powder into fruit nectar juice, poured about an inch into several empty pop bottles, and set them in shaded areas about 5'-6' off the ground.
That was yesterday; it does seem to be a bit better today, unsure if it had anything to do with this concoction, but, I'm hoping it is.
Thank yall again; God bless yall💖🕇🕊
Could you post photographs of this setup? Also would be curious to see pics of what you catch inside.

I have a mosquito magnet also. It does attract and catch a lot of mosquitos, I bought a second basket so when the basket is pretty full I just change the baskets out and put them in the freezer and after the mosquitos have frozen I put them in a zip lock.

THe salt inside the eradicators isn't really there as anything other than an attractant. It's the combination of yeast and salt - no different than our sweat and CO2 breath that brings them a run...flying in. LOL

We also installed magnetic nets everywhere. Recently we were putting in new ones and came across an article about deet vs picaridin. Decided that we would test different manufacturers. We didn't have to choose long as we wanted to sleep without mosquitoes in the house. Fortunately, I don't know what we'd do without such things as nets on windows and doors. We want both warmth and ease in the air, to have a draught in the heat. And for some reason, my neighbours accuse us of environmental damage. And then they themselves complain that they get bitten by mosquitoes. Strange, I'll never listen to anyone when I want to sleep in peace.

Back
Top Bottom