Most affordable place to buy broiler chicks

PlentifulPrairie

Songster
Mar 22, 2021
Wisconsin
Hi I'm looking for a new company to buy broiler chicks. The company I've been buying from has doubled their costs and has stopped offering sexed chicks (I prefer to buy all males).

I've looked around and they are for sure gouging their prices. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Just looking for feedback on good affordable places to buy from, that do offer sexed chicks.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I don't have any suggestions for you, other than the hatchery I've always bought from and had excellent success, healthy chicks, etc. - Cackle Hatchery. their prices were still reasonable last time I checked (few weeks ago). But I understand they're backed up with orders through September, just like everyone else. You could check their website and see. I also don't remember if they sex the meat chicks since these birds are 99.9% of the time destined for the dinner table.
Just curious, please, but why do you prefer all males?

I don't have any suggestions for you, other than the hatchery I've always bought from and had excellent success, healthy chicks, etc. - Cackle Hatchery. their prices were still reasonable last time I checked (few weeks ago). But I understand they're backed up with orders through September, just like everyone else. You could check their website and see. I also don't remember if they sex the meat chicks since these birds are 99.9% of the time destined for the dinner table.
Just curious, please, but why do you prefer all males?
I have had good success with males. I raised a straight run once and the weight wasn't consistent, I assume the females are naturally smaller or maybe it was a fluke?

Back
Top Bottom