Most broody breeds?

I have two autralorps that are super friendly and gentle. They haven't gone broody but they are currently my only two adult hens and I have 9, 6 week chicks and a possible roo. I'm wondering if they will once he's grown. They are in my profile picture, I can't wait to see how they take to the chicks.
Hope you get a nice broody hen soon! They are beautiful by the way!

Thanks Just typed them up they look perfect! Any idea how many eggs they sit at once?
I had a Buff I gave 12 eggs last year. Two eggs broke in the first week because of thin shells. She hatched the other 10 eggs and mothered them until they were 14-15 weeks old. This is a picture at 7 weeks. You can see all 10 chicks in this picture.
Mama warming 7w babies.jpg

I had a Buff I gave 12 eggs last year. Two eggs broke in the first week because of thin shells. She hatched the other 10 eggs and mothered them until they were 14-15 weeks old. This is a picture at 7 weeks. You can see all 10 chicks in this picture.
View attachment 1313425
Wow that’s a lot of them! Definitely considering getting a couple they are :love

That’s great I’m looking for a broody hen which can incubate 12-15 eggs approximately can they do duck eggs?
Orpingtons definitely can but regardless of breed, whenever a hen incubates over a dozen eggs, quite a few will likely not hatch.

Also, Orpingtons are really tame, deserves the nickname the Golden Retreiver of chickens. I do not think there are many, if any, more tame in general than Orps

Orpingtons definitely can but regardless of breed, whenever a hen incubates over a dozen eggs, quite a few will likely not hatch.

Also, Orpingtons are really tame, deserves the nickname the Golden Retreiver of chickens. I do not think there are many, if any, more tame in general than Orps
Thanks yea have decided to get Orpingtons first from all the comments they seem perfect for my flock.

Back
Top Bottom