Most colorful egg basket contest !

I have been working towards more colorful things but right now the best layers are the light brown eggers I haven't seen a blue or dark brown egg from my girls with the molt and the shorter days. I may have to put light in the coop so I do get more. My other dark brown and blue egg layers are still in the brooder
hmm.png
So won't someone else come along and make me want some more breeds?
lol.png

Henry

nice looking basket, Henry. I've been looking into blue wheaten ameraucanas (did I spell it right
lol.png
) ever since we chatted last. Can't stop thinking about them!!!! Looks like yet another coop to start on
roll.png

Last edited:
Go for it they are amazing I have culls so they don't look as good but I like them and they have beautiful eggs. They would be a great breed.

Henry

I think both my blue ameraucana are boys I will post pics when the camera is working
sad.png
it does leave room for some blue wheaten or Lavender ameraucana in spring
big_smile.png
although I would have liked to have a few more blue birds
sad.png

Quote:
Oh no! Are you sure they are boys?

They look like they are they will just go to Westiminster auction in a few weeks because I don't want to do the same thing I did with the Marans unless you want one.

Henry

Here you go, Henry.
In the center, Buff Orpington pullet
From left to right and around the circle, beginning with the really blue egg:
Blue Ameraucana, Welsummer, Welsummer, Easter Egger, Barred Plymouth Rock, Barred Plymouth Rock, RIR/Buff Orpington cross (Meg)
(This is not retouched, LOL)
DCP_1863.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom