Most Embarrassing

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by LaneHill, Jun 15, 2011.

1. LaneHill

LaneHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Endless Mountains PA
    I was browsing through the forum looking for a "Most Embarrassing Chicken Moment" but didn't see one, so decided to start one because I know (or rather really really hope:fl) I'm not the only one with one....

My story happened in front of company....do embarrassing moments happen at any other time??

My aunt & mom came yesterday for a visit, specifically to check out the new coop & run I had built. I walked inside the run & all the ladies started milling about my feet looking for treats which of course, I had forgotten (mistake number one)

My aunt was absolutely amazed with how friendly the ladies are & asked if they like to be petted. I said absolutely, they love attention! So I squatted down to give them some love (mistake number two was forgetting about mistake number one!)

Apparently as I bent over the back of my shirt rode up a little exposing the waist of my jeans, & just the very edge of band of my underwear.
    As I'm sure you all know chicken have extremely keen eyes & can get slightly grumpy when you forget the treats so....
    Two of my beloved & loving ladies expressed their displeasure by quickly pecking & actually grabbing hold of the elastic band to my underwear!

Yes, my chickens gave me a wedgie!!!!
    By the time I was able to get free of them, my aunt, mom, & all 3 of my children were on the ground rolling with laughter

Lesson learned
    ....next time I'll remember the treats

2. stubbornhill

stubbornhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Shapleigh, Maine
    [​IMG]

Laughing with you not at you! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  3. KristenRae

KristenRae Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2011
    NE Wisconsin
    Oh my... sounds like it was quite a scene! Thanks for sharing:) Don't have any embarassing chicken stories yet... but it's just a matter of time!

4. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG]

5. Kitt

Kitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. CourtneyC

CourtneyC Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2011
    SE Ohio
    Wow! [​IMG]

7. LaneHill

LaneHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Endless Mountains PA
    greaaaaat! Figures I'd be the first person in the history of humans to be embarrassed by their own chickens!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  8. CourtneyC

CourtneyC Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2011
    SE Ohio
    Dont feel bad! I just got my first chickens this past Saturday. They are only about 5-6 weeks old. They have quite a few years to embarrass me. I am sure it will happen!
    [​IMG]

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I have to feed the chicks with long pants on, because if I don't they are always trying to peck off the moles on my legs.

10. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    I had a coworker come by the house the other day to pick up a dress she was borrowing for a wedding. my Brooder for m new chicks/turkey babies was in my dining room and she wanted to see them. She asked me if chickens were dirty and hard to keep.

I had just finished telling her that with proper management they can be kept quite clean, as she was looking down at the babies running around, when one of the chicks walked on top of a sleeping one and pooped on its head. the look on her face was priceless, and I was embarrassed to be proven so wrong sooo quickly!!!! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by