Most Likely Decided

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chickenfan4life, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    I think I may have decided what I want my breeding flock to be...

I have been eyeing the Old English Game Bantam for months, now, and I will most likely get some next year/this coming april. I want Lemon Blue, but I a not certain. Suggestions?

I have decided that if I do get OEGBs, the coop will be called Coop Tarleton (please don't copy), the flock will be called the Tarleton's, and my head roo will be named Terrell.

Terrell is Old English, and means the Thunder Ruler. I took the time to find an Old English name for him.
    Tarleton is Old English, and means The Thunder Ruler's Estate. Suiting, huh?
    Then, I would have some hens, Edwina, Ethel, Godiva, Bliss, and Margarita (it means Daisy in Old English. Yes, I know, it's an alcoholic beverage. Too bad! XD )

What do you think?

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I had Old English Game Bantams in my original flock many years ago. I really enjoyed them, although they had typical redneck names: Little Bubba. Mr. Banty Pants, Little Big Man, Daisy, Eula Maye, Lucky Louise, Little Red Man, Chaw (really!).

They were fun to have. I really enjoyed them. Good luck with yours!

3. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    I really enjoy my Old English Game chickens. Keep in mind that they are really good flyers for chickens.

You chose great names. I just came up with a new nickname for my alpha rooster of the OBG flock - Sir Cluckalot. He starts clucking to the hens the minute I get near the coop to tell the hens treats are coming soon.

4. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Thank ya'll! I do intend on breeding OEGB's. I will be a breeder of OEGB's. The farm name will be Tarleton Old English Game Bantams! (please don't copy)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by