Most spoiled Chicken! Ends 6/30/08

Well My Polish get to live in the house lol
big_smile.png

I have to admit that I don't consider our chickens spoiled. When I read people sharing their coops, I just had to share how our 'normal' chicken coop area can be spruced up with the right choice of words.

Our girls don't get hot cereal in the winter, fresh greens, fruits and veggies as often as possible or wear a diaper. They are just chickens who live in what started out as a one room coop that we kept adding on additions to as our chicken population grew.

Our girls do love being able to roam around so much. But it isn't anything as fancy as those I see all the time on BYC. We build with whatever we can find most of the time.

But spoiled? No. It was fun to dream up the chicken retreat.

I vote for Binkysbarn. Anyone who can raise a cross-beaked chicken that looks as healthy as hers has got to spoil it royally!!!

Hmm - I guess I should say that it is all true - I just wrote it from a chicken resort point of view.

We do have a gated, restricted community (we're trying to restrict raccoons as much as we can!).

Our past neighbors would throw things at the chickens and the new neighbors have a little dog that comes to attack. I decided 'out of sight, out of mind' and asked Dh if he'd build me a fence around the coop area. All hundred of them doesn't go out into the pasture at once and I didn't want nosey neighbors figuring "with that many chickens, they won't notice if I take one for dinner".

I wish the entire thing was as bright and shiney as most coops I see here but it isn't. Some look better than others and I do want to paint it up someday to make it blend more.

The gated entrance with the witch's head (it says "crone's girls") is out there. AND I have a nice covered swing area to sit and watch the chickens once I go in.

We'll be adding brush arbors for more shade soon - it seems so hot some days. Now, if I convince Dh that we need some sort of fan or air conditioner out there for the girls, then I would consider them spoiled! Whenever I mention that he looks at me like I'm crazy!

Last edited:
We all Win Our chickens are so spoiled that we didn't even notice the dates. What's a mere calendar when you can spend time with your chickies?

The prize is a one month free subscription to BackYardChickens - for FREE

Yippee!!!!!!

9035_100_1667.jpg

my chickens will come inside and hang out in the laundry room this is my turkey a bit envious because they cant come in. the only bad thing is they always seem to want in when i have other things going on. this morning we let the turkeys do a walk through. they came in the front door and were led to the back door with their favorite treat. Doritos, nacho cheese.

My girls also get cheese..... they love it.

Back
Top Bottom