Mostly zipped now stuck?

jodiloralee

Hatching
Jun 25, 2018
Hi first time hatch, first egg!
He’s been working steady for about 12-15 hrs but has stopped moving as much and I’m worried he’s stuck
Humidity has been steady. Still breathing. Cheeps occasionally. Should I just leave him be? Membrane looks dark!?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 13
Hi first time hatch, first egg!
He’s been working steady for about 12-15 hrs but has stopped moving as much and I’m worried he’s stuck
Humidity has been steady. Still breathing. Cheeps occasionally. Should I just leave him be? Membrane looks dark!?
Thanks in advance!
If hes stuck like that then definately needs help. Can you get at that one without loosing humidity for the others?

None of the others have popped yet so maybe ok to try and help? I know some say not to but I don’t want to wait and wish I had either

Its zipped that far on its own it can come out. I had one die yesterday it had started to zip and got turned over by other chicks and got stuck. If i had been home i would have been able to help. Use warm water on a q-tip to get the shell unstuck from it so you dont ip out its fluff.

Got him out ok seems fine but shivering a bit, turned up the temp a touch ! Just let him rest a bit?
yep. I usually let my chicks dry off in the brooder if I can because the fan in the incubator seems to make them colder. but if he's already back in the incu. you can leave him in there. he'll be lonely on his own. :D good job with the assist. :D It's always stressful wondering if you really need to help them or not.

Mine doesn’t have a fan but he’s shivering less and has got up a couple times to do the drunken sailor, off to bed I go, hope he’s
Thanks for your help!!

Back
Top Bottom