Moth balls!

tball

Chirping
8 Years
May 17, 2011
hemphill,tx
i have a pretty goog perimiter fence on my coop. But i keep reading that coons can "tear" poultry net. my walls are chain link covered with hardware cloth, my roof is 2\\3 metal and under that is 2" poultry net.....
fl.gif
I was thinking of taking an old sock and throwing on roof { filled with moth balls} would this work, or is run off from rain TOXIC or ....i dont know ! What do you think?
idunno.gif

Very toxic stuff. I doubt it would slow down a determined raccoon either.

Can you lock them in a very secure coop at night? Coons do hunt during the day, but nighttime is far worse.

Yes, electric fence. We have a huge raccoon who has been visiting for about a week now. First early morning I saw him our dogs went crazy and he climbed the tree. Wasn't sure what it was so I got the flashlight and wow. I noticed that he even got up on the roof of their house, saw his footprints. Thank goodness our coop is really secure. My husband dug wire down along the fence line and they are closed up at night. I would be devastated if something happened to them. Love my girls!!
love.gif

My fiance' uses mothballs in his boat over the winter to keep the cats out. It doesn't work! The cats get it under the cover and sleep and urinate, even with the moth balls in there. I get nauseated just getting a whiff of the nasty things. I am thinking they are only good for moths. Good luck, you never know.

Back
Top Bottom