Mother Goose Sitting what to do when they hatch

TerriL

Songster
10 Years
Oct 16, 2009
Holden, Missouri
I have never had a mother goose set before so I am unsure what to do after they hatch. I bought her with her 2 goslings which were 1 year old. So the mom, her 2 kids (which are 2 yrs old now) and Dad (not their dad but the new kids dad) all live together with 3 ducks. She laid her eggs in an empty chicken house so she is now living by herself except when she gets off the eggs and runs around and eats.

My question is when the goslings hatch should I let them all live together with the other geese and ducks or should I fence them in the house she laid her eggs in. The pen the other geese are in also has a little pond which I dont know if the babies would drown in.

They should be born in about a week so and tips will be appreciated. Thanks Terri

Geese are generally excellent parents with both the goose and gander caring for the goslings. The pond should not be a problem unless it has steep banks. Have a plan 'B' in mind if things go wrong, but I doubt that they will.

I will watch them them there are 3 boys and mom. One of them is the dad and the other two boys are her kids from a couple of years ago before I purchased them. Do you think the two boys will bother the babies?

Back
Top Bottom