1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Motion sensor attached to radio?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by bayareapilot, Oct 11, 2011.

1. bayareapilot

bayareapilot Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2010
    San Francisco
    I've read more than a few accounts of some of you attaching a radio to a motion detector somehow, so that when the motion detector is activated, it turns on a radio. Unfortunately I haven't seen any accounts mentioning what parts I could use together to do this. Any suggestions or a ready-made solution?

Thanks in advance! I have learned so much from this website just by readiong alll of your posts!!! [​IMG]

2. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
  3. KandiandJerry

KandiandJerry Chillin' With My Peeps

Great idea....I love it...

4. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    the preds will "test" it and after a while they will get used to it when they see it is no threat after they "get used " to it there is a half a chance they will not fear humans talking in the yard

5. rungirl

rungirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    I think it's one more good layer of defense... no one said it had to be your only defense. I use a radio in the coop at night also. They coop is locked up tight and I have traps set also. Using the radio on motion sensor would be more startling than keeping it on constantly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by