Mottled Orpingtons w/PICS

I did get the black hen from someone else. Could she have had barred rock in her. That is my question, the barred gene. Would she have had signs of being barred?

Bingo. She was probably running with a barred rock. Hens can carry viable sperm (is that the right word?) for up to a month after being with a rooster. I know this for a fact.

Quote:
Do you have a picture of yours to show us? This is very interesting. I am looking for my picture, but mine was younger and it did appear to have lots of white coming in .... lots of white.

Sorry took me a bit to get some pics. Now shes just 6wks old but here they are.

62331_pictures3_004.jpg

62331_pictures3_001.jpg

Braclin, the color on that chick is lovely. Now I see where they get the term lavendar. I'd love to a picture of her when she reaches 12-15 weeks.

Braclin, that color looks more like the mottling we were seeing in the project. Very pretty!

RoRo - where did you get the lav roo? Your name doesn't sound familiar to me.

Any chance some of the bloodlines came from Sandhill Preservation? My blue Orp, Suede, has barring in his sickles and once, produced a completely barred male offspring. He came from Sandhill via Bama Chicken's rooster, Blue Boy. Once upon a time, Sandhill is said to have bred in blue Rocks to offset inbreeding in the BBS Orps. Could be a barring gene in there somewhere, just like Suede's.

Back
Top Bottom