Mountain quail eggs... why still so high in price?

bradleyfarm

Songster
10 Years
Apr 27, 2009
Paradise, Texas
I am still looking for mountain quail eggs that don't break the bank. If one can find them they are atleast $5.00 an egg, and their is no guarantee of a hatch. Who has the money to throw away for such a small chance of a hatch. I don't. I was just wondering if any one has found someone out there who will sell for alot less than $5.00 an egg. If so, please pass your info along to me.

THanks, and have a very blessed day!!
hugs.gif

Might be a few years then. If you do not want to pay for the eggs...which I consider the cheapest and easiest route to go to get Mountain Quail...then get started/grown pairs.
cool.png

Best Most Economical Way I Have Seen Is To Wait Til The End Of Season And Buy Breeders Off Of Folks Who Want To Replace Them With New Stock--- The Price Is Usually A Little Better And You're Getting Live Adult Birds, Not Taking A Chance On An Egg That Was At The Mercy Of Usps And Hoping It Will Hatch And Not Be All 1 Sex Or Another...

it will only take a few people to sell their eggs cheaper, then everyone else will have to or they won't sell them. simple supply and demand. i'm planning on hatching some this spring and selling the eggs when they're ready, for much cheaper, just because i can. i don't need the money and i also think the prices are insane.

i don't have any right now. come april, i'm going to bite the bullet and buy some with extra cash i have. then i'll raise them up and sell the eggs here cheap. i probably won't have any eggs untiol spring 2011 though. maybe a few late in the year being from florida. i'm not even going to run an auction for them. just a flat rate plus shipping. i think $1.50-$2.00/egg is the price mark. i can't see myself gouging for anything more than that.

Quote:
Good luck with that! You should also buy some Mearns and sell them for that too.

ROFLMAO
lau.gif

I SEE WHERE THIS IS GOIN.... AND SHAWN IF YOU DO GET MEARNES I WANT 1ST DIBS---- RANDY( SPECTRUM RANCH) GETS THE LEFT OVERS AFTER ME
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom