Mounting Stand for soda bottle waterer.

These folks are an ebay seller, CoopsNMore.com there are 4 pages here of waters, nipples, cups, buckets, kits, etc. They are NOT difficult to install as someone said before. You simply drill the correct size hole, tap out the threads and screw in the nipple. I like to use a tap to cut the threads in buckets and pvc pipe. I wouldn't even mess with making one in a 16 or 20 ounce soda bottle because in a couple weeks your going to have to be filling it twice a day. If you go ahead and go to the hardware store and get a 21/64 drill bit and a 1/8-27 tap you will be able to make all the waters you will ever need in your lifetime for 10 or 12 dollars. If you plan on just trying to screw the nipples in plastic you will need to get an 11/32 drill bit, that's 1/64 larger, so you can maybe screw the nipple in a plastic bucket and worry about it leaking. If you do this put some silicone sealer on the threads and don't try to use it for at least a day while the silicone dries.

Last edited:
These folks are an ebay seller, CoopsNMore.com there are 4 pages here of waters, nipples, cups, buckets, kits, etc. They are NOT difficult to install as someone said before. You simply drill the correct size hole, tap out the threads and screw in the nipple. I like to use a tap to cut the threads in buckets and pvc pipe. I wouldn't even mess with making one in a 16 or 20 ounce soda bottle because in a couple weeks your going to have to be filling it twice a day. If you go ahead and go to the hardware store and get a 21/64 drill bit and a 1/8-27 tap you will be able to make all the waters you will ever need in your lifetime for 10 or 12 dollars. If you plan on just trying to screw the nipples in plastic you will need to get an 11/32 drill bit, that's 1/64 larger, so you can maybe screw the nipple in a plastic bucket and worry about it leaking. If you do this put some silicone sealer on the threads and don't try to use it for at least a day while the silicone dries.

I have to kindly disagree with you. You don't need a tap or any $10 to $12 tools from a hardware store. If a person has a drill and a set of bits there's a great chance they have everything they need.

I made 2 bottles and a heavy duty 5 gallon pail with just the right size drill bits. I did use silicone for the bucket to make sure I didn't have any leaks. You want the hole tight!

I purchased two sets of 5 from Ebay (shipped from Hong Kong). First set was $3.69 shipped and the second was $2.88 shipped. Search for "5pcs Chicken Duck Hen Screw In Poultry Water Nipple Drinker Feeder New"

It's so simple that anyone can do this!

Here are mine - The bucket water is run though PVC pipe into the area under the coop.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom