Mouse problem.

We use Just One Bite, it's a big block of poison that the mice/rats have to chew on the get a piece of it. You get it at the local feed and seed and it's like $1.95 for two bars. Works wonders!!!!

Sometimes you can catch mice with a bucket of water, especially if the dwelling is otherwise dry.

Poison is tricky, depends on whether you have a safe place to bait them...

We support a feral cat colony and have no rodents in the barn/coop anymore!
tongue.png

The only problem with poison is that the mouse will eat the poison and then be an easy target for the cat. When the cat eats the dead or dying mouse it too becomes poisoned.
hit.gif
I believe the best bet is some type of mechanical mouse trap. There are several that will capture the mouse and that would not harm your cat.

smile.png

Good luck,

Litewings

I maybe stupid but I thought someone posted at one time that if you put soda pop out that it would do the trick?But would that hurt the cats or the chickens?

Last edited:
I use a spring loaded live trap....a plastic box I got from the hardware store. I use p-nut butter to attract them.

Then I take them out in the middle of the yard to turn them loose for the chickens to have fun with.

If you are going to use poison put it in a open bottle so the mice can go in but cats or other animals cant. hope this helps:D

Back
Top Bottom