Moveable Run and Egg Laying

MamaChick0708

In the Brooder
Mar 17, 2016
I have a question, we have a run that we move to a new spot each day, now that my birds are almost ready to lay I am wondering how much time to leave them at the coop to lay eggs before taking them out to graze the yard. My other thought is would you provide a nest box in the run if its not hooked up to the coop just in case? or will they typically learn to lay eggs before you move them each day?

I have a question, we have a run that we move to a new spot each day, now that my birds are almost ready to lay I am wondering how much time to leave them at the coop to lay eggs before taking them out to graze the yard. My other thought is would you provide a nest box in the run if its not hooked up to the coop just in case? or will they typically learn to lay eggs before you move them each day?
Not every hen lays in the morning. I've got a few afternoon/evening layers in my flock. That portable run should have some sort of shelter in it. It should also have a few nest boxes in there, just incase.

Thanks I was thinking my birds seem to be morning grazers and maybe they would do well with nest boxes in the run.

Back
Top Bottom