Moved my quail to their new digs outside

lagpmgdsls

Songster
10 Years
Apr 6, 2009
I moved my 3 Coturnix quail outside yesterday to their new home. They love it. They are 4 and half weeks old and its in the 80's here this weekend so I figured this was a good time to do it. I do have the heat lamp in the pen in case we have a cold night. I turned it on last night for them but they didn't seem to need it.

My question is...what temp do you think I should provide heat?

I miss having them in the living room where I can see them all the time. My 20 month old daughter says goodnight to them everynight so now we have to go outside so she can say goodnight...LOL

I just moved about 50 coturnix chicks outside that are about 2 weeks old? Something like that.
smile.png
with the warm weather we had here I thought along the same lines as you however no heat lamp provided they'll be fine
smile.png

I'd say anything 40 or below should consider a heat lamp or bring them in (while under or around 2 weeks old) however i've put three and a half week olds out in the fall with freezing temps and well they are adults now and laying soo
smile.png

Thanks for the quick reply! I can now go to bed and not worry about my new babies!

I am so addicted! I have 37 more eggs in the bator due end of next week....can't wait!

The highs here are in the low 90's this week and the lows are in the mid 60's. I have 17 quail chicks that are 11 days old, can I move them outside without a heat lamp at night?

Back
Top Bottom