moved them out, will they settle down?

shodack

Songster
Mar 19, 2015
central NY
So, my chicks have been outside for 3 days now, and are loving it. Buuuuutttt, since moving them out, they want nothing to do with me, and I have a really hard time even getting close to them. A few of them used to be so glad to see me in the brooder. Will they mellow back out after they've adjusted to being out? Are they just over-stimulated (like my toddler) for the time being? Should I give them extra space or keep involving myself in their business?

So, my chicks have been outside for 3 days now, and are loving it. Buuuuutttt, since moving them out, they want nothing to do with me, and I have a really hard time even getting close to them. A few of them used to be so glad to see me in the brooder. Will they mellow back out after they've adjusted to being out? Are they just over-stimulated (like my toddler) for the time being? Should I give them extra space or keep involving myself in their business?

They'll settle down. Overstimulated like a toddler is a good analogy. Just keep being the human that brings the food and they will warm right back up to you. Sometimes I wish my girls were a bit more aloof. The walk between the feed bin and the chicken run gets pretty dicey some days.

Back
Top Bottom