Moving across country taking chickens with me 2500 miles...

I think covered tightly with a canvas tarp, they got a good chance. I think the blue plastic stuff will be too noisy and thus stressful. They don't have to be on the top. Out of the wind, but still in open air, will be ok. Under the cowl (is that what it's called?) of the boat might work. Under the desk or table. Good Luck. Check on 'em often.
I agree. Be sure there covered with a dark cloth and they will sleep most of the way.
Also, keep it to yourself. IMHO. I hope you enjoy Mississippi.

Last edited:
re-homing really isn't a bad thing. Consider the age of the chickens and how many years they have left to live anyway. Starting new wouldn't be a terrible thing. And somebody local could be good to them.
I know, but my chickens are all still young, and I’ve given chickens to someone who didn’t pay, I actually considered him a friend. He got the chickens, and when he couldn’t take care of them he sold them to someone else. He told me I would get my chickens back when he was gonna move, I gave him some great chickens. I understand not to judge a decision based on one persons stupid choice, but I love my birds

I was only thinking of minors.
Because the adults deserve their Darwin Awards??? hahahaha

Seriously, laws restricting passengers in the bed of a truck are relatively new, and not nearly so complete or widespread as is often assumed. You are probably too young to remember, but seat belts were highly contentious when introduced, and NHTSA was quite slow to mandate their presence in FMVSS 209. So much so that it was left to the States to determine their use, rather than the Federal Government. There are still States where, if a passenger is ejected from a motor vehicle during a crash, neither the prosecution nor the defense can bring up whether or not the person was wearing their safety belt at the time.

I'd wager that AT LEAST half the posters on BYC were born before a law restricting passengers in truck beds came into existence in their State, an effort that mostly occurred in the early to mid 90s.

/edit Full disclosure - at one point in my life, I worked in the legal dept for a major US car manufacturer. Not in the 90s, however. In the 90s I did civil engineering, drafting (CAD), co-authored a text book.

No, they can make choices.

And at a time, a drivers license was only for commercial drivers.

I'll step off. Not the place for these topics.
Funny you should mention the driver's license. I was just mentioning to the family yesterday that if a terrible driver causes injury, the victim should be allowed to sue the issuing agency for negligence. If you cannot, what value is the driver's license?

Back
Top Bottom