Moving baby chicks

ILikeChickenNuggets

Songster
5 Years
Mar 25, 2019
Hello there!
Ive had my baby chicks for 3 weeks now and its time for them to move to a bigger coop, in another city. As the city is more than an hour away in car, I fear they are going to get too cold or hungry.
Im not the one driving, but the new owner is!
Can they keep it up during an hour + without food, water and perhaps also warmth?

Can they keep it up during an hour + without food,
Yes, absolutely

Yes, absolutely

and perhaps also warmth?
With very few precautions. Carry them inside the car, not in the trunk. A box with an open top will work but throw a towel over the box to keep drafts out. Just be reasonable, don't expose them to ridiculously cold temperatures and certainly not drafts or wind. I don't know how many chicks there are, the more there are the more they will keep each other warm. If it is only a handful, maybe fill a hot water bottle with warm (100 degree F or 38 degree C), wrap it in a towel, and put that in with them so they can snuggle. An hour isn't that long.

Yes, absolutely

Yes, absolutely

With very few precautions. Carry them inside the car, not in the trunk. A box with an open top will work but throw a towel over the box to keep drafts out. Just be reasonable, don't expose them to ridiculously cold temperatures and certainly not drafts or wind. I don't know how many chicks there are, the more there are the more they will keep each other warm. If it is only a handful, maybe fill a hot water bottle with warm (100 degree F or 38 degree C), wrap it in a towel, and put that in with them so they can snuggle. An hour isn't that long.
Thank you for the advice! There is only 3 chicks. Ill fill a hot water bottle and remember a towel as well.

Back
Top Bottom