Moving bator on day 19????

nurschic

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 10, 2014
I should have thought about this yesterday when I put the eggs on lockdown, but didnt of course! My brooder box will be in the basement and right now I have the bator in the kitchen/dinning room. My one dog gets very excited when he hears new chicks and I had nightmares all night that he knocked down the bator when the chicks were hatching. So today I was thinking of moving the bator to the basement. Has anyone ever moved their bators during lockdown????? It is pouring rain here, so the humidity is high and it would only be for a minute…….thoughts???????

I should have thought about this yesterday when I put the eggs on lockdown, but didnt of course! My brooder box will be in the basement and right now I have the bator in the kitchen/dinning room. My one dog gets very excited when he hears new chicks and I had nightmares all night that he knocked down the bator when the chicks were hatching. So today I was thinking of moving the bator to the basement. Has anyone ever moved their bators during lockdown????? It is pouring rain here, so the humidity is high and it would only be for a minute…….thoughts???????

I am thinking, and of course its just me, but I don't see a problem with moving the bator if you can keep the eggs stable (not rolling and bumping) and its only for a min or two...

Thoughts of me trying to carry the bator full of eggs downstairs would keep me from doing it lol, I am a major klutz!!!
th.gif

I moved it downstairs…..only 2 eggs rolled around a bit, one more then the other. All my air cell X's are still up and I have one that has pip'd!! Lots of rocking and rolling now! Im sooooooo excited!!!

In the future, if the eggs havent' pipped yet, I would remove them from the incubator, put them in a carton, and carry them down separate. If the eggs haven't pipped yet the humidity drop for that short an amount of time shouldn't matter, I'd think.

Thanks for the info! Out of the 18 eggs I have in, all are rocking and rolling but 2. I heard a chirp from the one pip'd egg!!! This is KILLING me!!!
he.gif

In the future, if the eggs havent' pipped yet, I would remove them from the incubator, put them in a carton, and carry them down separate. If the eggs haven't pipped yet the humidity drop for that short an amount of time shouldn't matter, I'd think.
goodpost.gif

See, that's why this forum is so awesome... I hadn't even thought of that! Great advice!

Back
Top Bottom