Moving . Chickens need new home. Connecticut

I'm in Seymour. Guinea fowl can fly to top trees or the roof of your house. They will wander around on the ground and cross roads. It takes a while for them to get used to a new place to roost.
A couple years ago someone released a bunch of them in the fields around the house, most of them would roost around my coop during the very cold nights until I got them to move in my coop. I was able to give a farmer most of them, now I have 4 left that I raised as chicks. They are used to the chickens and vice versa. Where are you located Lorli?
I was getting eggs from them until November. The egg taste just like chicken egg.

I stilll have the four chickens, one Plymouth Barred Rock, one Leghorn, one Delaware and one Black Star, none are laying anymore.All are 4 years old.They are just pets, I still have the four females guinea fowl. I'm still hoping to find a safe place for them to re-home. They are healthy.
Safe home only.

By the way my guinea hens are females and do not attack my chickens, males can be agressive. I used to have a couple that I had to remove from my coop a few years ago. But guinea hens will do fine. So no worries there.

By the way my guinea hens are females and do not attack my chickens, males can be agressive. I used to have a couple that I had to remove from my coop a few years ago. But  guinea hens will do fine. So no worries there.
I work for animal manor in Huguenot ny we are a farm and domestic animal sanctuary nonprofit. We take in and they can live forever with us. Give us a call if interested.

It's nice to know that there are places like your sanctuary and that people care about animal welfare. You're a 4 hours round trip for me. I'll keep you in mind if nothing works out locally.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey there! Just bought a new farm in Deep River, CT and my coops is under construction. I can take them, if they are still in need of a home. It will be a few weeks u Gil my coop is ready. Or maybe I can set up a temporary coop? Let me know?

Thanks!
Marissa

Let me know when you get your coop ready, I'll be here until fall. Would you take my four chickens with the four guinea hens?

I might be interested in the coop. Im just starting out with chickens again, after not having them for a few years. Where are you located?

Once my chickens are all re-homed then the dog kennel cage will be for sale. I'm not there yet. I still have 4 chickens and 4 guinea hens,only the rooster was re-homed so far. Keep in touch

I would take your 4 guinea fowl, but never had some of this before. how can I make them stay in my coop and not wander around? I am close to Stamford CT

Back
Top Bottom