Moving chicks after hatch questions

Indigosands

Songster
11 Years
Apr 9, 2012
Yucca Valley, CA
Hi all! This is my first hatch, I have one chick out already that I had to carefully move to the brooder because she's a wild card. Knocked everything in the bator down and then fell in a gap in the floor by the corner and had to rescue her.
roll.png
The last 3 eggs are all pipped/zipping right now. If they all hatch together and are healthy can I move them to the brooder right away? Little chick in the brooder is very lonely.

I'd wait until they dried off and became fluffy. That way they should be more mobile.

You can try putting a small mirroe or a stuffed animal in the brooder for the lone chick.

yes wait until dry to move.And keep your humidity up it is very important after pip so chicks dont dry to the shells and can slip out .If you have that prob agin and have to open incubator during hatch mist the eggs litely with room temp water from spray bottle extra water will help with humidity drop from opening incubator.lonely chick will be ok in brooder until the rest of hatch catches up.good luck

Thank you, at the time I didn't have any other pips so I felt safe opening the bator with a running hot shower. I will pick up a mist bottle for the next time. All hatched, nice and healthy. Lonely chick believes herself to be a human after all.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom