Moving Day

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Katy, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

After a month of cold temps and lots of snow it's almost 45 degrees today, so I decided it was moving day for some chicks. My young roo and his pen mate a BR went in with the "big girls". They've been in side by side pens so are used to each other and they seem to be getting along pretty good. The ones who had been in the inside the coop brooder pen went into their outdoor pen and the ones who had been in the garage brooders went into the coop brooder. Yeah [​IMG]....now I'm down to only my 6 little silkies in the basement. Now I'll have a little break until I start hatching again the end of February.

2. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I moved today too, Katy, I had some youngsters outside in the coop still with a light but when the cold snap hit I brought the back in the garage. I put the back outside today.

I have never had so much trouble with intergrating. I used two brooders as I knew they would outgrow one before the went outside and the Welsummers are really picking on the Faverolles and there is a Silkie that has been down right rude. I am having the same thing outside with the big one too. I have moved some there too and they do not like the new arrangement. All I heard today was one squak after another. I sure hope they all settle down. I will try not to switch the around again.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I ended up moving my young roo and the BR pullet back into their pen with the younger ones. My older roos weren't beating up on him like I had feared, but kept harrassing the pullet. I should have waited until tonight....I'll do that in a few days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by