Moving feeders and waterers

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by ghostwarrior, Jul 26, 2013.

1. ghostwarrior

ghostwarrior In the Brooder

Jul 18, 2013
    When I put my chicks from the brooder to the coop do I need the food and water inside or outside

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Free Ranging

Feb 2, 2009
    Southeast Louisiana
    Either or both. It really doesn’t matter. We do it all kinds of ways for all kinds of reasons. Whichever is easier for you works tremendously well.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Doesn't matter to the birds. It just depends on your set up. If you have an area in the run to keep the feed dry, outside is fine. If the birds are going to be confined to the coop much of the time, inside is best. Personally, I have my water out in the run, and the feeder in the coop. I have a lot of rain in the winter and can't keep the feed dry, so inside it is. Too much of a pain to try to fill the waterer inside the coop, I had chickens escaping through the door while the hose was there. So, water outside where I can fill it through the fence. Whatever works for you!

4. Nicole01

Nicole01 Crowing

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I keep the water outside as long as possible! It will spill and if i don't clean it quick enough or realize it spilled, mold will grow.:(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: