Moving, how should I transport the button quail?

SeaTurtleSwims

In the Brooder
Nov 29, 2015
So I'm moving about 3 hours away, and I don't want the quail to boink themselves to death inside their cage. When I bought them, they came in a brown paper lunch bag, but only traveled about 20min that way. Can I put them in a pillow case and tie a knot at the end for the trip? Can they breathe in there?? They will be in the car with me, two dogs and two cats, so it's going to be a fun ride -_-' Their cage will be in the U-Haul following me, but I think for safety they should probably stay in the car with me, right?? Any better ways to transport quail?? The move is in T-7 days, keeping fingers crossed the little quail have a safe ride!!

Thanks!

I'd probably go for a small cardboard box with a few air holes - that's how I get buttons where I buy them. I think the pillow case might restrict their movements so much it causes unnecessary stress.

A mini pet travel case would work for one or two pairs just be sure they have flooring to grip so they don't slide all over the box. Even a small plastic shoe box with air holes would work. good luck.

Thank you! I have a small cardboard box that will do perfectly. I would like to keep it dark in there during the trip so they don't move around as much, so a box with air holes should be great! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom