Moving in indoor chicks with other chicks outside?

CozyDia

Chirping
May 4, 2022
SE Texas
Hello guys! My trio of 3-4 week old chicks are about ready to move out soon! They sleep fine without a heat plate, are mostly feathered, and the weather outside ranges between 85-95F.

My question is would they get along fine with the four 5-6 week old chicks I have outside already? Should I setup a separate pen as precaution or can I just toss them together since their all still relatively young?

Hello friends I have basically the same question. I have older chickens may 6 month old and and new flock of 6 week old which are Midnight majesty marans, brahma, an couple of idk yet 😐 when should I put them together ? The chick's are out growing their crate that I have them in. Any suggestions?
Antiochegger

Hello friends I have basically the same question. I have older chickens may 6 month old and and new flock of 6 week old which are Midnight majesty marans, brahma, an couple of idk yet 😐 when should I put them together ? The chick's are out growing their crate that I have them in. Any suggestions?
Antiochegger
Your situation is not the same as above as age difference is much greater. You need to integrate the chicks in with the older birds, starting with about a 1-2 week see but no touch set up so the two groups can see each other but not physically interact with each other.

Your situation is not the same as above as age difference is much greater. You need to integrate the chicks in with the older birds, starting with about a 1-2 week see but no touch set up so the two groups can see each other but not physically interact with each other.
Thank you friend, we made tractor that rolls around the yard. I have been putting them next to the fence so the older hens can see them.

Thank you friend, we made tractor that rolls around the yard. I have been putting them next to the fence so the older hens can see them.
Good way to start. Once the hens start showing less interest in them, clutter up the run/yard a bit so the chicks have places to hide, then you can try letting them out for supervised interaction.

Back
Top Bottom