Moving, need to rehome my hens

kimberley848

Songster
8 Years
Jan 8, 2014
So. Cal
I am going to be moving in the next couple of months, across the country and need to find my 3 girls a new home. They are 2yrs old, Cream Legbars and just lovely girls. We are moving from Southern California (OC) to TN/KY area. I can't get health certs for them because of the avian flu that happened in those areas in the last year (per my vet looking into it). Needless to say, I need to find them a home. I will give all my supplies with them (if wanted): feed, shavings, gravity fed feeders, water tubs, snack supply, calcium, vitamins, as well as the night time coop if interested. (Coop is 4'x4' x 5' tall- very secure, 3 nesting boxes and 9' of roosting space). There is no run attached to the coop.** They're good girls, spoiled, lay light blue eggs (although, not the best layers honestly) and get along with other hens, both dogs and cats. They will be due for their bi-annual worming in Nov. The top hen, Wilma is molting right now, Betty stopped laying in solidarity & is just starting her molt and Dotty, the low hen on the totem pole is still laying about 3-4 eggs per week.
My biggest issue is that I'm getting over cancer surgery, so I currently don't have use of my R hand (thru mid Oct) and haven't been able to trim nails and check for bumblefoot. (2 of them were getting over it and 1 had new spots, but were clearing up with treatment..... which I stopped with the cancer diagnosis/treatment... so I'm sure it needs some treatment.)
If anyone is interested, please contact me.
I'll try to get some pics later and post them if anyone is interested.🙏
Thanks, Kim

I am going to be moving in the next couple of months, across the country and need to find my 3 girls a new home. They are 2yrs old, Cream Legbars and just lovely girls. We are moving from Southern California (OC) to TN/KY area. I can't get health certs for them because of the avian flu that happened in those areas in the last year (per my vet looking into it). Needless to say, I need to find them a home. I will give all my supplies with them (if wanted): feed, shavings, gravity fed feeders, water tubs, snack supply, calcium, vitamins, as well as the night time coop if interested. (Coop is 4'x4' x 5' tall- very secure, 3 nesting boxes and 9' of roosting space). There is no run attached to the coop.** They're good girls, spoiled, lay light blue eggs (although, not the best layers honestly) and get along with other hens, both dogs and cats. They will be due for their bi-annual worming in Nov. The top hen, Wilma is molting right now, Betty stopped laying in solidarity & is just starting her molt and Dotty, the low hen on the totem pole is still laying about 3-4 eggs per week.
My biggest issue is that I'm getting over cancer surgery, so I currently don't have use of my R hand (thru mid Oct) and haven't been able to trim nails and check for bumblefoot. (2 of them were getting over it and 1 had new spots, but were clearing up with treatment..... which I stopped with the cancer diagnosis/treatment... so I'm sure it needs some treatment.)
Thanks, Kim
Hey, you should post on your local Craigslist, also check out any local farmers. I found a family that took all my extra chicks this year, only because I talked to my farmer neighbors. Maybe ask around at a farmers market? Esp the ones that lay eggs?

Also, I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Side note, could you sneak your girls over "the border". They're not sick!

Thanks, Kim
Hi! I'm happy to give them a home if they are still available. I live in Sylmar and my boyfriend and I have a truck and can come help get everything all together. Please let me know!

Back
Top Bottom