Moving the coop

homeinspectorman

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 24, 2010
SE Oklahoma, Durant
I will be moving my coop to its permanent location next week. Total distance from its present location to the new spot is less than 100 feet. Anything in particular that I should look out for? I have 10 girls that are about 16 weeks old. They have been in this coop since they were 3 weeks old.

Make sure you don't tip the darn thing over, that's about all you have to worry about! We've moved our coop several times, and we just remove the birds from it and put them somewhere safe, and that's pretty much it.

20958_september_09_025.jpg
Homeinspectorman....This is how we moved ours. We built it on 2 4x4 "skids", when we built it. Hope this helps.....Just go slow!! Don

We move our "Hoop Coop" every 48-72 hrs with our guineas INSIDE the coop, using our Cub Cadet garden tractor. The coop has a 9'X17' footprint and the guineas walk right along with no problem.

I moved my coop last week, about 20 feet back under the trees.
I thought it would be fully shaded where it was but the sun hit it from 9:30AM to 12:30 PM, just enought to cook in there and then not cool down.
We used 3 PVC pipes and rolled it. Worked pretty well.

The next night the 3 month old silkies went to the spot where it was to go up the ramp. It was hysterical.
lau.gif
They were looking up in the air for it, like I beemed it up or something. They had to be carried the 20 ft to see where we put it and then put in the coop.

Silkies, ya' gotta love 'em.
clap.gif

Brenda

Back
Top Bottom