Moving them in...pics

shakecc

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 26, 2008
Central OH
Well instead of buildling a new coop, my husband and I decided to section a 8' x 4' section of our garden shed to turn into a coop. Keeping in mind we have NO construction experience we were truely winging it! We kept a sense of humor and muddle through and are pretty proud of ourselves! My only concern is the size...I hope it is going to be large enough for our 7 chicks. Today is their first day in the coop. Now to start on the run...

chickencoop022.jpg

chickencoop027.jpg

chickencoop025.jpg

chickencoop030.jpg

You guys did a fantastic job!!!
clap.gif
If the chicks look to cramped, in the future you can always add on.
smile.png

I was just thinking that if you added a couple of shelves the birds would roost on them and that it would add to your 'floor space' and make cleaning easier...a well-thought out space and itn't it nice when it's pristine?

A sense of humor? Well, it's the most important thing! The chicks are pretty amusing!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Wow! For winging it you guys did a fantastic job!! Kudos to you both - especially for keeping a sense of humor.
smile.png

Your chickens should be very comfortable and happy. That size shed is just fine for your seven chickens. If, oops, sorry - WHEN you get more chickens you will need a larger coop.

Looks great!

Do you have an exterior window on the opposite side of the nesting boxes? Can get pretty hot in a garden shed.

Well done!

There is a window opposite the boxes and another opposite the feeder. We have been surprised with how cool the shed stays, but we have still have ordered a solar vent fan to install in hopes draw air through for added ventilation. I sure hope it does not get to hot!

That looks great...
big_smile.png
I actually thought of doing the same thing, but because I store my lawnmower and gasoline in the shed I thought the fumes might cause the chickens to become ill, so I went a another way.

Back
Top Bottom