Moving with 16 chickens

something else to keep in mind:

when you get to your destination, it’s going to take a LOT longer than a few days to a week to buy a house.

you’re looking at a good 2 months, on the short side.
Yeah, I'm not the main one in charge of the moving at all. I was just told if I don't figure out what I want to do with the chickens things might happen, so some of the stuff I've said isn't fully accurate.

Yeah, I'm not the main one in charge of the moving at all. I was just told if I don't figure out what I want to do with the chickens things might happen, so some of the stuff I've said isn't fully accurate.
your jobs right now should be

1. look in to all of the re homing options available to you. you can even post on here to see if anyone local to you wants your birds.

2. figure out any permit issues you’d need to bring chickens across the country if you’re unable to re home all of them.

let your parents worry about the rest.

your jobs right now should be

1. look in to all of the re homing options available to you. you can even post on here to see if anyone local to you wants your birds.

2. figure out any permit issues you’d need to bring chickens across the country if you’re unable to re home all of them.

let your parents worry about the rest.
Oh the permits, that is a good point. Definitely not something I thought about.

There are regs about transporting chickens across state lines, testing that need to happen, and various complications depending on all the states you will be traveling through. Rehoming all or most of them is the best option!
If you want to travel with your birds, get on it now, so you will have the time to do what's necessary.
Mary

Truthfully it will be better for your chickens to stay in the climate that they are used to. You always miss old friends, but the stress of taking chickens for several days, the worry or cost of the health papers, the not knowing what you are getting into, house with neighborhood rules, or an apartment till later... It is just too much.

Sometimes it wise to let things go, even if hard on yourself, it will be better for others and the birds.

Mrs K

Back
Top Bottom