Moving with a flock

Quails4lif3

Chirping
Jan 31, 2021
Hello! We decided to move to a farm to get more birds and animals! We currently have 6 hens and the new house does not have a coop. Our current coop is hand built and cannot be disassembled or moved.

Has anyone does this? Or what should we do in the meantime of building a new coop? Any ideas welcome. Thanks!

I've moved with flocks a couple of times. Some highlights:
Pick a spot for the new coop, as best you can, avoiding a spot that is too close to the new neighbors, considering shade, predator habitat, prevailing wind directions, etc.

If you do decide to disassemble and move your current coop, it might not go together exactly as it was at the old place. e.g., I had to re-orient my pallet coop because it was completely inside the run at the old place, and I made it part of the perimeter of the run at the new place.

Also the suggestion to keep them in the garage, etc. I found someone to keep mine for a couple of weeks during my move. It's nice not to have the time pressure, knowing they're safe, so you can take your time building the new facilities.
As you're preparing to move, make note of whether you have enough screws, bolts, bungees, zip ties, trampoline stakes, whatever you'll need for your new build.

Back
Top Bottom