Moving With Chickens/ Moving Chickens To Used Coop

TexasChicken12

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 14, 2014
Me and my family are thinking about moving. The house we are considering is about 45 minutes from our existing home. The chicken coop we have is probably to big to be moved with us. The house we are moving to (maybe) has an enormous existing coop. I know it is used because in the pictures they have 25+ chickens in there. Do yall have any tips on moving them and what we need to do with that coop if it had chickens in it awhile ago? Thanks for all your help!

Me and my family are thinking about moving. The house we are considering is about 45 minutes from our existing home. The chicken coop we have is probably to big to be moved with us. The house we are moving to (maybe) has an enormous existing coop. I know it is used because in the pictures they have 25+ chickens in there. Do yall have any tips on moving them and what we need to do with that coop if it had chickens in it awhile ago? Thanks for all your help!
you shouldn't have any problems with the move itself...i have moved with a flock of chickens 12 hours, and commonly drive 45 minutes to get chickens.

with the coop, that could be concern. Before putting any of your birds in it, i would clean it REALLY good. I mean like take all bedding out and scrub top to bottom with cleaner.

How many chickens do you have? Is it possible to temporarily house them in something else, or maybe go and clean the coop a few weeks before you move?

With not many chickens, they can be housed in dog kennels. I've housed new single birds in a dogs kennels for weeks.

Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom