Moxivet/Roundworms

chiple22

In the Brooder
Jul 23, 2021
Looking for the dosage for chickens..already tried safe gaurd and piperazine. Moxivet for roundworms..

Photos of the worms?
How were those medications administered?

Safeguard (Fenbendazole) should have been adequate to treat Roundworms at a dose of 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeated in 10 days.

Photos of the worms?
How were those medications administered?

Safeguard (Fenbendazole) should have been adequate to treat Roundworms at a dose of 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeated in 10 days.
Thank you, I do not have photos. I have wormed them twice, I know they are roundworms because we did a cecal float. For some reason they will not die. They were dosed appropriately, and dosed again one week later as per my veterinarians instructions. I need a different medication for some reason they are immune to this. I did find the dosage. Thank you.

Did you buy the Aquasol? It is very expensive, around $270. Most chicken people don’t bother with that. Or did you use fenbendazole? What dosage? Normally if using SafeGuard 10% liquid goat wormer or the horse paste, dosage is 1/4 ml per pound given once and repeated in 10 days. Or give it for 5 consecutive days for other species of worms. Chickens will get reinfected with worms by just being chickens who eat everything off the ground, and from droppings. Sweeping up droppings in your run, and keeping all bedding dry and stirred, replacing it as needed are good to help control them. If worms are a big problem, such as when one lives in a humid or tropical area, worming morning often might be best. If you do that, you can rotate wormers, using Valbazen to prevent drug resistance.

Did you buy the Aquasol? It is very expensive, around $270. Most chicken people don’t bother with that. Or did you use fenbendazole? What dosage? Normally if using SafeGuard 10% liquid goat wormer or the horse paste, dosage is 1/4 ml per pound given once and repeated in 10 days. Or give it for 5 consecutive days for other species of worms. Chickens will get reinfected with worms by just being chickens who eat everything off the ground, and from droppings. Sweeping up droppings in your run, and keeping all bedding dry and stirred, replacing it as needed are good to help control them. If worms are a big problem, such as when one lives in a humid or tropical area, worming morning often might be best. If you do that, you can rotate wormers, using Valbazen to prevent drug resistance.
I used safeguard, I have used it for 2 years rotating with piperazine. I do keep my run and my coop cleaned on a regular basis, I have had Chickens for many years. This is the first time I have had a hard time with worms. Thank you for all of your suggestions. Valbazen is a good option also, for me personally, I prefer to try this one the Moxivet. Also, we do live in a humid area, so thank you for the recommendation. I will do that☺️

Back
Top Bottom