MPC EE egg color poll!

I got 4 EE's from MPC and I thought one was a rosecomb for weeks. As a baby it had the same markings, but now she is all white and lays lite green and olive green eggs.

2 others both lay blue eggs and the 4th lays a lite brown egg.

All have the cheek muffs, but now I'm going to go check on their peacombs and compare what Illia said in her post. It's funny because I definitely know that Esme has a serrated comb and she's the one who lays the lite brown eggs.

Here's a picture of all 3 colors.

They are the sweetest.

65913_chicken_eggs_014.jpg

I have four MPC EEs too. Only three are laying so far. One of my EE's is a very large bird with no muff and a strawberry comb. She is all white. She lays blue-green eggs. Another all-white one has a big muff and a pea comb. She lays gorgeous blue eggs. The third has a little muff, pea comb, and is wheaten on her head and hackles. She lays a light olive egg. The fourth looks just like the third but is not laying yet.

I have 3 EE from MPC and they all lay some shade of green. Tiger, my first chicken to start laying, lays a pale mint-sage green. The second one to start laying, Merna, lays almost turquoise colored eggs, definitely a shade of green still but decidedly more blue than the other two. Unfortunately she's very slow getting the hang of the whole egg making thing, with several eggs that have had a weird membrane and most of them pretty thin shelled and almost always with little bumply calcium deposits. Today she laid the biggest egg I've gotten so far, at 2 1/4 oz. The last of my chickens to start laying was Buffy, my cross-beak hen. Her eggs are a light olive green. Tiger and Buffy have both been very regular layers of 1 3/4 oz eggs right from the start, and Tiger's eggs are regularly weighing in at 2oz lately.

52978_046.jpg

Tiger at work; she was the only clean-faced EE chick out of the 5 that came (the other 2 went to a new home)

52978_028_2_-_copy.jpg

Merna

52978_092310buffy.jpg

and Buffy (this pic. was from this past summer...can't wait for my yard to be green like that again!)

My EE from MPC looks just like featherz and lays a light blue egg. I'd like to have several more just like her! Her name is Elsie and she's a sweet girl.

Wow - thanks for all the great info! So far, the greens have it, but there are so many more reports of blue eggs than I thought! I've only had one EE in my life and she laid a pretty green egg; I'm excited for the possibility of a blue
smile.png
I'll be posting my own egg pics once she kicks in.

Btw, everyone's pics are wonderful! My for-sure EE looks just like Featherz' up there. I absolutely adore her, I've never had a chicken that enjoys being petted as much as she does!

The wait is over! I just went out to the coop to say goodnight to the chix, and just for the heck of it shined my flashlight in the juncture of two of the pallets which make up the wall. There it was: a single, beautiful, blue-green egg.
love.gif

I still can't figure out how she could fit there to lay it.
hmm.png

Wow, I think Moxiechick has been taking pictures in my yard, my EE's from MPC look exactly like hers!! I'll have to get some recent pics of them & post them on here. Anyways, my darker EE lays a green egg, the lighter one lays a light light brown egg, almost white, just a touch of color. Out of my 8 girls, my EE's are the least friendliest of the bunch.

Back
Top Bottom