MPC not shipping till JUNE!!! I want chicks now!

cherylcohen

The Omelet Ranch
10 Years
Sep 18, 2009
SF East Bay CA
I was just on a few different sites wanting to place an order and most say they are not shipping till mid June?

I want less than 20 so that limits my hatchery choices.

Does anyone know who is shipping the soonest? I know it depends on what breeds are available etc...just looking for some additional insight, THANKS

Farmington

Songster
10 Years
Jun 2, 2009
Northeast Ohio
I just placed an order with Meyer Hatchery today for Barred Rocks, Speckled Sussex, and Easter Eggers, and my ship date is May 10th. I have a separate order of Buckeyes coming June 28th, because they were not available until then. Meyer will ship as few as 3 chicks.

Last edited:

Domestic_goddess

Songster
10 Years
Mar 26, 2009
Utah
I placed an order from MPC wensday last week, and my chicks are being shipped out today..I should get them wensday! I told them I would except replacements....but they are sending me exactly what I wanted. 2 Delawares, 3 EE's, 3 Red stars and 2 silver laced wyandottes. Is the June date your are talking about, because you are requesting a certain breed? I wanted polish, but I wasn't going to wait till may to get them.

cherylcohen

The Omelet Ranch
10 Years
Sep 18, 2009
SF East Bay CA
Yes i had selected certain breeds, as I already have 11 girls i wanted certain ones to add to it.

I'm on Meyer's now and it's not letting me actually order anything online, do you have to call to order?

cherylcohen

The Omelet Ranch
10 Years
Sep 18, 2009
SF East Bay CA
Thanks all, but I had a BO hen go broody so I've been spending my whole day coming up with eggs for her (we don't have a rooster)

I'm still trying to find 3 speckled sussex eggs if anyone knows of any available

cherylcohen

The Omelet Ranch
10 Years
Sep 18, 2009
SF East Bay CA
Got them! now I have the following eggs coming for her to sit on

3 sicilian buttercups
3 barnevelders
3 Silver laced wyandotte
3 speckled sussex
3 white orps

some will probably break so it will end up more like 12 under her, she's a very big girl

Valley Hatchery

Top Bottom