MPC Rainbow Layer Assortment...What am I?

SunnyChic

Keep The Sunny Side Up
10 Years
Mar 7, 2009
wee.gif
My MPC Rainbow Assortment arrived this past Wednesday! Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on possible breeds:

Silver-laced Wyandottes?
24456_mpc_chicks_doh9-28-09_008.jpg

Speckled Sussex (left) & brown Leghorn (right)?
24456_mpc_chicks_doh9-28-09_012.jpg

Clueless on these!
hu.gif

24456_mpc_chicks_doh9-28-09_016.jpg

Golden Sex-link?
24456_mpc_chicks_doh9-28-09_022.jpg

Brown Leghorns?
24456_mpc_chicks_doh9-28-09_027.jpg

White Leghorns? White Rocks?
24456_mpc_chicks_doh9-28-09_030.jpg

I don't see any puffy cheeks, so I don't know if I received any EEs.
Thanks!

I go the same MPC Rainbow Assortment on September 8th. Mine are feather out really good and I know I have the Brown Leghorns like yours. I really am not sure if they are BL or Welsummer. I have never had either of those breeds. I was looking for yellow legs but some have pink and some a dull yellow. Some are feathering in darker and some lighter. I have the White Leghorn but I guess they could be White Rock. I do have the German Spitzhauben and Polish chicks, easy to tell them now. I have one Buff colored chick which is not a Buff Orp. I have two really small EE's. They have to be bantams or runts. I have two Barred Rocks, but their legs have changed to all black down the front and white in the back. Their barring is more like Cuckoo Marans. I am holding out hope for the Cuckoo Marans (dark eggs). Why I ordered the special was to get a Rainbow of eggs. I'm am trying really hard to wait until next spring to get some Ameracaunas and other chicks. It's so hard to resist though. I have 3 Silkie pullets and 1 LF Cochin pullet who should go broody. I would love to see a broody with chicks!!! I need to set up a little broody pen for them. May be I can pass my time with building and planning. I just love chickies!!! I also love my big girls who come running when I come home and greet me with clucks and purrs. Yours are so cute. I wish I would have got a Speckled Sussex, cutie pie.

ETA: The "clueless" picture I have one of. It is feathering in white with a few black feathers at the neck, wing tips and tail. I am saying for now it's a Columbian Wyandotte. #1 Definately SLW. Look at your BL next to the sussex and look at the other pictures of BL. BL #1 is tan in color and the others are more reddish maybe Welsummer? The two WL or WR picture they have different color legs and one is "flat" comb (looks like).

Last edited:
Thanks! It would be neat if I ended up with a couple of Columbian Wyandottes! Your pink-legged brown chicks could be Speckled Sussex; do they have a white chest? It's going to be fun watching them feather out.

Wow, those guys are super cute, I can't wait to get mine, ordering my rainbow pack next week! Sorry I don't have any suggestions on breeds for you!

Back
Top Bottom